MOTION PICTURE FILM SCANNING SYSTEM
Features | Specifications
Telecine is Dead!Moore's law in computing performance and storage capacity has made the traditional telecine model obsolete.
Highest quality archival scanning and restoration
Advanced film handling and continuing exponential increases in digital processing
enables new archival film scanning and restoration techniques.
- NEW! Up to 10K resolution
- NEW! Sprocketless capstan drive system for safe film handling
- Warped film held flat on 4 sides with pressure plate for superior full-frame uniform focus
- Color and B&W 3-flash High Dynamic Range (HDR) scanning for the best capture of print film shadow detail
- Infrared dust and scratch detection and reduction option
- True 3-color capture per pixel
- 2D optical pin-registration (No edge guiding) for best stability of shrunk and damaged film
- Oversized film scanning aperture
- Scans highly shrunk film
- Accepts thick splices up to 0,75mm
- NEW! Automatic Failed Splice RecoveryTM (U.S. Patent No. 8,681,213)
This patented feature eliminates the need to pre-inspect film. After operator repairs splice, the Director automatically finds proper frame and continues. Video and sound remain synchronized.
- NEW! Faster 4K scanning
- NEW! Multiple format options:
- 35mm, 16mm, and 8mm
- 28mm, 17.5mm, and 9.5mm
- Cool LED light source protects film from heat damage and is diffuse for optical scratch and fingerprint reduction
- On-the-fly color and dye fade correction
- 16mm/35mm optical soundtrack readers featuring:
- Simultaneous scanning of image and soundtrack
- Synchronized image and sound output to ProRes (no third-party tools required)
- Reduced frame rate sound scanning for fragile film
- Enclosed cabinet with positive pressure HEPA filtration avoids dust contamination from normal office environments
- Power requirements similar to a standard PC workstation
- Operates in normal office environment — no special cooling required
- Seamless and easy integration with popular restoration systems
- KeyKode Reader
- High precision optics and CMOS area imager
- Meticulously calibrated, aligned and tested at the factory.
- Self-calibrating intensity, focus, and film base
- Full one year warranty (parts and labor)
- Extended warranty available
- Seamless and easy integration with popular restoration systems Includes host computer pre-configured and ready-to-use with MS Windows and Lasergraphics Motion Picture Film Scanning System software featuring:
- Full transport and scanning control
- Adjustable horizontal and vertical framing with visual selection of scan area
- Aperture and shading correction
- Automatic or manual DMin calibration
- Fast interactive gray balance and base calibration
- Shuttling from 1 to 100 frames/second (200 frames/second for 16mm) with image preview and KeyKode recognition.
- Selectable imaging speed from 1 to 15 frames/second
- KeyKode-based job management
- Multiple simultaneous output resolutions and data formats including DPX and all popular QuickTime codecs.
- Fast HD QuickTime Dailies
- Per-clip color correction
- RollView ™ with thumbnail preview and automatic clip/splice detection at up to 100 frames/second (200 frames/second for 16mm).