MOTION PICTURE FILM SCANNING SYSTEM
Features | Specifications
Telecine is Dead!Moore's law in computing performance and storage capacity has made the traditional telecine model obsolete.
8mm to 70mm and everything in between
The ScanStation can now be configured to include only the options you need, making pricing flexible to your budget. And you can add options later as needed. Unlike traditional telecines and real-time scanners, the ScanStation allows minimally-trained operators to convert film directly into digital form at unmatched resolution and speeds of up to 60 fps. Simultaneous image scanning and soundtrack reading with output to multiple formats including UHD/HD ProRes, DPX, or TIFF — all in a single pass!
- Film Gauge Versatility (video) 8mm, Super 8mm, 9.5mm, 16mm, Super 16mm, 17.5mm, 28mm, 35mm, and 65/70mm (5-perf)
- 1.2K to 5K Resolution
- Color and B&W High Dynamic Range (HDR) scanning for the best capture of print film shadow detail
- On-The-Fly Color and Dye-Fade Correction
- Magnetic Soundtrack Reader - commag or sepmag rolls (no need for separate magnetic soundtrack reading equipment)
- KeyKode Reader
- Film Gates for Severely Warped Film Handling (video)
- Up to 30 fps at 5K and 60 fps at 2K
- 2D optical pin-registration (no edge-guiding)
- Automatically adjusts for shrunken film and soundtrack aperture position
- Cool LED light source protects film from heat damage
- Optical Soundtrack Reader featuring:
- Simultaneous image scanning and soundtrack reading
- Synchronized image and audio output direct to ProRes (no post-processing and no third-party tools required)
- Read soundtrack at any speed (no requirement to read in real-time)
- Variable area or density soundtracks
- Diffuse light source for optical scratch and fingerprint reduction
Fully motorized auto-focus eliminates manual focus guesswork.
Some competing scanners offer only manual focus which does not allow for optimal focus at 4K resolution.
- Built-in splicing table with two light boxes
Splice broken film without removing it from scanner
- Automatic Failed Splice RecoveryTM (U.S. Patent No. 8,681,213)
This patented feature eliminates the need to pre-inspect film. After operator repairs splice, ScanStation automatically finds proper frame and continues. Video and sound remain synchronized.
- Safe handling for damaged, warped, and spliced film - no pre-inspection required (video)
- Host computer pre-configured and ready-to-use with MS Windows and Lasergraphics Motion Picture Film Scanning System software featuring:
- Full transport and scanning control
- Adjustable horizontal and vertical framing with visual selection of scan area
- Aperture and shading correction
- Automatic or manual DMin calibration
- Fast interactive gray balance and base calibration
- Shuttling from 1 to 100 frames/second (200 frames/second for 16mm) with image preview and KeyKode recognition.
- Selectable imaging speed from 1 to 15 frames/second
- KeyKode-based job management
- Multiple simultaneous output resolutions and data formats including DPX and all popular QuickTime codecs.
- Fast HD QuickTime Dailies
- Per-clip color correction
- RollView ™ with thumbnail preview and automatic clip/splice detection at up to 100 frames/second (200 frames/second for 16mm).
- Power requirements similar to a standard PC workstation
- Operates in normal office environment (no special cooling required)
- Meticulously calibrated, aligned and tested at the factory.
- Full one year warranty (parts and labor)
- Extended warranty available
|Resolution 35mm||1.2K to 5K||5K|
|Resolution 16mm||1.2K to 5K||2.5K|
|Resolution 8mm||1.2K to 5K||1.2K|
|Automatic optical zoom||Included||Not available|
|Max scanning speed (fps)||60||30|
|Film format options||8mm, Super 8mm, 9.5mm, 16mm, Super 16mm, 17.5mm, 28mm, 35mm, 65/70mm (5-perf)||8mm, Super 8mm, 9.5mm, 16mm, Super 16mm, 17.5mm, 28mm, 35mm|
|Film gates for severely warped film||Optional||No|
|All-chrome film path||Included||Optional|
|Optical sound reader||Included||Optional|
|Magnetic sound reader||Optional||Optional|
|Built-in editing table||Included||Not available|
|Automatic Failed Splice Recovery||Included||Optional|
|Generate ProRes and DPX without postprocessing||Yes||Yes|